REAP and anamed Kenya are planning to conduct another Natural Medicines Training Seminar at the beginning of May 2019 at the Subiaco Centre in Karen, a suburb of Nairobi.
The aims of the May 2019 Natural Medicines Training Seminar are to train people (healers, pastors, missionaries, health workers, teachers and others active in the community) in:
- The recognition, knowledge, and cultivation of several medicinal plants in a medicinal garden.
- The hygienic production of effective Natural Medicines from these plants, e.g. teas, different medicinal oils and ointments and tinctures. We will also produce different medicinal soaps, medicinal charcoal, black stones for scorpion stings and snake bites and learn how to use several simple technologies.
- The treatments of many medical complaints and diseases, including malaria, skin problems, diarrhoea, HIV/AIDS, and wounds.
- The influence of good nutrition and lifestyle on health.
Following the seminar, we expect the participants to be able to:
- create their own garden of medicinal plants,
- prepare their own natural medicines,
- treat themselves, their families and others within their area of competence, and
- teach their families, colleagues, and others in their communities
Where: Subiaco Centre, Karen, a suburb of Nairobi. This is a Roman Catholic centre run by the Missionary Benedictine Sisters, with self-contained rooms, a beautiful ambiance, and a well established medicinal garden. It is located about 2 km from Karen centre along Windy Ridge.
Date: 4 pm on Sunday 5th May – 2 pm Saturday 11th May 2019.
Cost: KSh 38,000/- or equivalent for the one-week seminar.
(This is an all-inclusive price, and includes food, accommodation, books, some seeds, a T-shirt, a poster and all seminar materials, but excludes transport to and from the venue. Any insurance required remains the responsibility of the participant)
Tutors: Rev Rosalia Oyweka, Dr. Roger Sharland, and Pst George Matengo.
If you are interested in attending please contact:
REAP Administrator: Mrs Anne Sigei
Phone: +254 (0)707 495709 or +254 (0)722 737429.
** Book soon to reserve a place!
To download a pdf of an invitation to this seminar, please click here: